This month's technique twenty-second tutorial is given to us by design team member Donna O'Leary!!
Hello all, Anne asked me to share a fav technique that I use all the time. So tonight I am going to show you how I love to add Glossy Accents by Ranger to make your own dimensional embellishments.
You will Need.
- A bottle of Glossy Accents
- A sheet of pattern paper to cut images out of for your project
- A good sharp pair of scissors.
Awesome Donna - thank you!!!!
I have used a guitar pattern paper for my project.
1) Collect all the materials that you need. A spare piece of scrap paper would also be handy.
2) Choose the images that you would like to use on your project, and cut out using your sharp scissors.
3) Place your images onto your scrap paper. Open your glossy accents, remembering not to shake the bottle as this will cause air bubbles. If your bottle is blocked use a very fine pin to unblock. If you use a thick one you will widen the tip and it will come out to quick!
4) Apply glossy accents all over your image. Then move your scrap paper with images still on, to the side where you can let it dry and not be disturbed. Glossy accents takes a while to dry. In the picture you can see that is cloudy. When it is dry it will be clear.
Once dry attach to projects.
Here's a finished project I used these guitars on.